Friday, May 24, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday (May 22 part 2), Something Blue

Alas, I was horribly remiss when making my "Waiting On" Wednesday post on 5/22.  A book I have been eager awaiting was released on 5/22, but I did not realize the error of my ways until today.  I have taken the proper corrective action, however.  
The long-awaited book is now safely in my Kindle,  and will be the next book I read!

Something Blue, by Emma Jameson


SOMETHING OLD…

Anthony Hetheridge, ninth baron of Wellegrave and chief superintendent for New Scotland Yard, will marry Kate Wakefield in three weeks. It’s inevitable–the invitations are out, the flowers are ordered, the cake is chosen. But murder waits for no man, and no wedding.


SOMETHING NEW…


In London’s prestigious West End, a disgraced CEO has been murdered at Hotel Nonpareil, an exclusive destination. No one, it seems, liked Michael Martin Hughes. Not his estranged wife, Thora, or his defiant son, Griffin. Not Hotel Nonpareil’s manager, its head of security, or perhaps even the other two women in Hughes’s life: his future bride, Arianna, or his other girlfriend, Riley. Still more ominously, before Hughes died, he incurred the wrath of a potentially more unforgiving foe: Sir Duncan Godington, longtime nemesis of both CS Hetheridge and DS Deepal “Paul” Bhar.


SOMETHING BORROWED…


For the first time, CS Hetheridge, Kate and Bhar find themselves under tremendous pressure to uncover the killer in the shortest time frame ever. Has Scotland Yard, not to mention Downing Street, lost confidence in Hetheridge? Will the murder conviction rest on hard forensic evidence, a mountain of circumstantial details, or an impulsive theft? Find out by returning to the world of ICE BLUE and BLUE MURDER in SOMETHING BLUE, the third mystery featuring Lord Hetheridge, Kate Wakefield and Paul Bhar.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS from GOOGLE+




Nicole Hewitt

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Whew!  Crisis averted.  :-)

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

 · 
Reply

Yes, narrowly.  I can breathe easier now - lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Emma Jameson

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate you taking up the new one!!
 · 
Reply

I am enjoying it very much.  I really like the main characters, and the way they interact with each other.

That's great. Thanks so much for letting me know. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Brandi Kosiner

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Haven't heard of this one. Hope you get to read it soon!
Brandi at Blkosiner's Book Blog

]
 · 
Reply

Thanks!  I started reading it as soon as I finished my last book.  It's just as great as I expected it to be!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------